Can’t find much info on this place apart from it was founded in 1807 as “The Aged Pilgrims’ Friend Society” and originally set-up to provide grants and pensions to needy elderly Christians. It offered the following – Enhanced sheltered housing, Close care housing 4 flats. Built in 1920 and renovated in 1975. Sizes studio, 1 bedroom. Includes mobility standard properties Extra Care scheme with on-site care staff, non-resident management staff (24 hours) and community alarm service Lift, lounge, dining room, laundry, guest facilities, garden, community centre Access to site fairly easy, but less so for less mobile people. Distances: bus stop 20 yards; shop 3 mile(s); post office 3 mile(s); town centre 6 mile(s); GP 3 mile(s); social centre 6 mile(s) This almshouse charity caters for: elderly Protestant Christians. Regular social activities include religious, outings. Some meals available (2 main meals daily). New residents accepted from 60 years of age
The firm, which has been forging work since about 1830, closed its old plant at Doctors Piece in Willenhall, where it had been since its formation, at the end of last year. All staff have now moved to the company’s Imperial Works in Heath Road. Plant and equipment is being reinstalled there. The five-acre site was bought when George Dyke was bought by the Dowdeswell Engineering Group in 1980.
This was a gorgeous find of derelict farmlife including two homes and various outbuildings. Enormous stealth is required however due to the location being surrounded by an active livery.