A nightclub on Tamworth street, Lichfield. The club is situated above a Quik Save which is also abandoned. Both are inside what was once Lichfield Regal Cinema
Wolverhampton and Dudley’s Lichfield Maltings are situated on Birmingham Road, just outside the town centre. At the front is a red brick Victorian House, the brewer’s house, all that remains of the Brewery of which the maltings was once a part. The brewery has long gone and the maltings was bought from Peachs just after World War Two. This is a much smaller maltings than those at Langley being just a single building. The malthouse is constructed of red brick with a slate roof. The whole building is well constructed and with some nice details, for example the wooden stairs inside, and outside there is decorative brickwork on the kilns and under the eves there are dentil courses of brickwork in the bays between the piers. The windows are in every other bay and thus in the bays with the decorative brickwork. The building is currently undergoing redevelopment, we went for a visit before its too late.
A 70s-tastic hotel, working electricity and furnished. In the late 18th century, George Addams, a wine merchant, had a house built at 3 Beacon Street – it was turned into the Angel Croft Hotel around 1930. The Angel Croft is listed, and the front railings and gates (circa. 1750, see below) are regarded as ‘at risk’ by English Heritage. A schedule of works has been agreed, but so far, nothing has been done to repair them.