Heath Town’s Public Baths and Library was built in 1932 to the design of the Wolverhampton Borough Engineer’s Department. The Main Swimming Bath was 75 feet long by 34 feet wide. The Children’s Swimming Bath was 40 feet long by 25 feet wide ranging from a depth from three feet to three feet three inches deep. The baths eventually closed in 2002, and the library closed on November 3rd, 2006. Thanks to TranKmasT for the info.
The original Infirmary was designed by the architect T H Fleeming (1849-1935) The Infirmary was built by Wolverhampton builders Henry Willcock & Co. at a cost of £13,000 and opened in 1888, providing three men’s and three women’s wards with thirty beds and five children’s cots. It is constructed of red brick with elaborate brick details and stone dressings. It is built to an irregular plan in a simple Gothic style under a plain clay tiled roof with crested ridge tiles and two spired turrets, one of which has an inscribed stone plaque bearing the legend: “EYE INFIRMARY AD 1887. Some of the original sash windows have been replaced and late 20th century extensions to the original west front have detracted from the character and appearance of the original building.
Royal Ordnance Factory Featherstone was filling factory No.17, covering just over 64 hectares, the factory used to specialise in filling various munitions, including, Bombs, Shells, Smoke and Cartridges. It served a major role in WWII but since then has remained derelict, at some point BAE Systems took over the site and kept the majority of the buildings but sold off 13 hectares to HMP Service who have now constructed a prison on the remains of certain parts of the site. At present the remainding site is up for disposal and planning permission has been sought to transform the site into a housing estate.